DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint for Lighting Fixtures (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204152-paint-lighting-fixtures.html)

DJH June 19th 07 12:38 AM

Paint for Lighting Fixtures

I want to paint a lighting fixture and the metal rods it hangs from as
well as the ceiling cap to a different color. What paint can I use that
will not cause it to loose its UL rating or simply what paint can I use
to prevent violation of codes etc. What is the nation code for the paint
that can be used for lighting fixtures. I would assume any fire
retardant paint would do.

Thanks

Karl S June 19th 07 02:00 AM

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:38:10 -0400, DJH wrote:

I would assume any fire retardant paint would do.

Thanks

You don't want a fire retardant paint. They are formulated to prevent
combustible materials, such as wood, from igniting.

You just need an oil-base enamel with a moderately high temperature rating.