Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water softener

need plumbing installation procedures or instruction for residential water
softener.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 1:52 pm, "rdavila"
wrote:
need plumbing installation procedures or instruction for residential water
softener.

When you buy a new softener it comes with detailed instructions. GE
even has instructions online for theirs. Home Despot carries them.
Link:

http://products.geappliances.com/App.../r04477v-1.pdf

You put the softener where the water enters the house. The water goes
in one side and exits out the other to supply the house. What else do
you need to know?

I have installed two of the GE units and they are easy so long as you
already have rudimentary plumbing skills and a truck or van to get it
home. On one install I used poly tubing. On another I used pex.
Copper is really nice if you are into it. I am not.

The GE units also has two vinyl hoses which go to a drain or just to
outside. One is used when the system recharges itself daily and
discharges the brine. The other one is a safety overflow, just in
case. The GE is digital and requires a source of power.