DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   re- framing wall / new shower pan install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204092-re-framing-wall-new-shower-pan-install.html)

Mikepier June 18th 07 12:42 PM

re- framing wall / new shower pan install

I am renovating my in-laws bathroom. The old tub was 60" and I am
installing a new 60" rectangular shower pan. The pan does not fit snug
into the old opening, there is about a 1" gap. So what are my options
at this point? Should I just shim out only the shower wall, thus
having a transition of about 1 " where the sheet rock meets the
Durock. Or should I just reframe the entire wall so it will be 1
continuous wall. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks