Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spots showing up on Deck?

I used an agent to clean my deck and reinvigorate the wood and open it up to
accept the waterproofing/stain. I applied the agent and according to
direction sprayed it off, I used a pressure washer to make sure I did a good
and thorough job.

The deck is about a year old and it is pressure treated wood, it was never
treated, I was told by a few people to let it season for 6 months to a year
before I treat it.

Anyway, I applied a tinted waterproofer and it came out very nice, just the
color I wanted and the water is beading nicely after a rain.

In the past week or so we are noticing white spots and lines showing up on
various boards all over the deck. They kind of wipe away(like a dust) with
your hand but the trace remains. They can be wiped away with water though.

What is causing this white residue ? Is it something due to the water
sitting and drying on the boards, or is it something being brought out from
within the wood.?

Are there any solutions to make them stop showing up ?