Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cubic feet

I`m planning on doing a small concrete job. It will be 3 12 in. wide
by 42 in.long by 4 in. thick slabs. I would like to know how many cubic
feet are in 1 80 lb. sack of ready mix. Thanx a lot

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 6:38 am, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:
I`m planning on doing a small concrete job. It will be 3 12 in. wide
by 42 in.long by 4 in. thick slabs. I would like to know how many cubic
feet are in 1 80 lb. sack of ready mix. Thanx a lot

According to this calculator http://www.quickrete.com/Calculator/Main.asp#concrete,
you would need at least 6 bags for the whole job. An 80 lb bag yields .
6 cubic feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

An 80 lb bag yields .
6 cubic feet.

That's .6 cu ft. Forgot the decimal point.

Posted to alt.home.repair

1 cubic foot of hardened concrete weighs 150 - 155 pounds.

I NEVER count an 80# sack of premix for more than a 1/2 cubic
foot. I've not ever had extras.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
I`m planning on doing a small concrete job. It will be 3 12
in. wide
by 42 in.long by 4 in. thick slabs. I would like to know how
many cubic
feet are in 1 80 lb. sack of ready mix. Thanx a lot

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 4:53 am, Mikepier wrote:
An 80 lb bag yields .
6 cubic feet.

That's .6 cu ft. Forgot the decimal point.

I would agree with Mike's number of .6 cu ft for an 80 lb bag

I use .44 cu ft for a 60 pound bag of "bagged concrete mix" so that
would give Mike's 80 lb bag .587 cu ft.....close enough

So how where does the rest of the weight per yard come from?
the water that gets hydrated & bonded to the cement

Dan's number of .5 cu ft per 80 bag underestimates the concrete yield
"slightly" but in small batches; waste, form volume underestimation &
form "leakage" can easily eat up that margin.

Cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would agree with Mike's number of .6 cu ft for an 80 lb bag

I use .44 cu ft for a 60 pound bag of "bagged concrete mix" so that
would give Mike's 80 lb bag .587 cu ft.....close enough

I actually got this info here on quickrete spec sheet

http://www.quickrete.com/PDFs/SPEC_DATA-ConcreteMix.pdf