DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ideas needed on engine hoist (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/203765-ideas-needed-engine-hoist.html)

rb June 14th 07 07:58 PM

ideas needed on engine hoist

I've got a typical crowfoot engine hoist.

Problem with it is the wheels. They're small, caster things that tend to set
up and not roll or caster easily.

I frequently need to move the hoist around "chasing the shade and various
projects around" on my pad and driveway. Maybe 50' or so max.

What's my least expensive way to get the hoist mobile to where it's user
friendly to travel on the deck? And, still have it safe for load pickup.

Ignoramus26157 June 14th 07 08:04 PM

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:58:16 -0500, rb wrote:
I've got a typical crowfoot engine hoist.

Problem with it is the wheels. They're small, caster things that tend to set
up and not roll or caster easily.

I frequently need to move the hoist around "chasing the shade and various
projects around" on my pad and driveway. Maybe 50' or so max.

What's my least expensive way to get the hoist mobile to where it's user
friendly to travel on the deck? And, still have it safe for load pickup.

I welded on 5" swivel casters to the legs of the crane. (note that the
legs are square and removable in my crane, so I can always turn them
"wheels up" if I do not use the wheels, for some reason).

I can post pictures.