DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cub Cadet+burned grass (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/203543-cub-cadet-burned-grass.html)

JMJ June 12th 07 02:33 PM

Cub Cadet+burned grass

Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and hot
,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly
after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This
sucks.

dpb June 12th 07 05:37 PM

Cub Cadet+burned grass

JMJ wrote:
Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and hot
,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly
after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This
sucks.

How tall of grass would this be? It would appear either the
exhaust/muffler are unshielded or too low. Don't know about the
transmission area -- seems unlikely it would be that hot itself so must
assume either the exhaust pipe runs down that way or may it's where the
exhaust pipe end is and it's blowing down...

If it's that hot and there's tall or especially dry grass/weeds, sounds
like shouldn't do that or you might have a solution to the problem other
than one you would prefer...

Donna June 13th 07 12:32 AM

Cub Cadet+burned grass

"JMJ" wrote in message
ink.net...

Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and
hot
,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly
after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This
sucks.

That's strange. I have a cub cadet - quite an elderly one, and I don't have
that problem. I do wonder, however, why you are idling a tractor for five
or more minutes? Why not just shut it off and restart it?

Donna

Edwin Pawlowski June 13th 07 03:19 AM

Cub Cadet+burned grass

"JMJ" wrote in message
ink.net...

Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and
hot
,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly
after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This
sucks.

Then don't do that any more. Wastes gas too. And annoys the hell out of
your neighbors when you leave it running for no reason. You think it suck
because the grass burns your neighbors think you suck for making noise all
the time.

dpb June 13th 07 01:59 PM

Cub Cadet+burned grass

JMJ wrote:

--top posting repaired--

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...
"JMJ" wrote in message
ink.net...

Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and
hot
,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly
after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This
sucks.

Then don't do that any more. Wastes gas too. And annoys the hell out of

sorry I failed to mention that it happens even if turned off .

I'd assume it's leaking gas then...