Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Virtual house painting

Any recommendations for a good cheap or free virtual house painting
(exterior) program? Yes, I googled. Just would rather piggyback on
someone else's experience than search through all of them to figure out
which one will let me load my own house, choose from a good array of
colors, and suggest matching trim schemes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
Any recommendations for a good cheap or free virtual house painting
(exterior) program? Yes, I googled. Just would rather piggyback on
someone else's experience than search through all of them to figure out
which one will let me load my own house, choose from a good array of
colors, and suggest matching trim schemes.

I'm using Photoshop Elements 4.0, which I already have for photo work.
Create an adjustment layer for each of the elements you want to paint, and
adjust the tint of the adjustment layer until you find the color(s) you
like. Regards --

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Bonnett Decorating wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:27:18 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

Any recommendations for a good cheap or free virtual house painting
(exterior) program? Yes, I googled. Just would rather piggyback on
someone else's experience than search through all of them to figure out
which one will let me load my own house, choose from a good array of
colors, and suggest matching trim schemes.

Personal Color Viewer at www.benjaminmoore.com is fairly good though
limited.

So I spent my ten bucks to download it, and wouldn't recommend it. It's
pretty weak, and you have to work in a tiny, tiny little window. I think
I could put up with the program's other weaknesses if they'd at least
let me use my screen size.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
NickySantoro wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:37:44 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

wrote:

Any recommendations for a good cheap or free virtual house painting
(exterior) program? Yes, I googled. Just would rather piggyback on
someone else's experience than search through all of them to figure out
which one will let me load my own house, choose from a good array of
colors, and suggest matching trim schemes.
Personal Color Viewer at www.benjaminmoore.com is fairly good though
limited.

So I spent my ten bucks to download it, and wouldn't recommend it. It's
pretty weak, and you have to work in a tiny, tiny little window. I think
I could put up with the program's other weaknesses if they'd at least
let me use my screen size.

You can use the program free online.

yeah, to paint sample houses that don't look anything like mine. but at
least i figured out how to make the picture large enough to work on. i'm
also trying out another one that is available free, with some
limitations, but so far seems much better. the biggest problem with both
of them is you have to spend an inordinate amount of time outlining
every single part of the house. not at all like photoshop where you can
just click an area to select it, defined by existing color.