Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks for nothing

I just thought I'd blab my tale of woe.

A number of years ago, I had my roof replaced along with the
skylights (of course). The previous ones were those square acrylic
bubble types, the new ones, rectangular and glass.

This left framing work to be done on the inside. Called a guy, he
took care of it, sheetrocked it, thanks.

(sigh) New skylights, one of them has a leak. Can't pinpoint
it for anything, and there is no rhyme or reason when it would
leak. Frustrating, to say the least.

Finally called this guy who advertises No More Leaks, I think that's
the name of his company. Older German/Polish? guy he got up
there with some expensive roof stuff (I read about it somewhere, it's
not really available to the public and it's hundreds of dollars a roll if
you could get it. I digress.)

The source of my leak? The framing guy had nailed up through the
flashing. Thanks a lot. How annoying is that.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

The source of my leak? The framing guy had nailed up through the
flashing. Thanks a lot. How annoying is that.

nancy

Yahbutt the flashing did not blow way in the wind that way
Yep, that sucks. .

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Think that's bad, I had a professional roofer with a good reputation working
on installing flashing. We have second story brick walls that sit on top
of the roof and they have weep holes. Behind the weepholes is flashing and
the roof has to be flashed up the the brick so the moron roofer was going to
cover the brick weepholes with his flashing until I stopped him from going
so high.

. ..