Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blade angle

On the net I've seen recommended sharpenning angles from
25-45degrees. What do You Guys recommend for a 30" cut 10hp rider and
a 42" 20hp..There are some gravel issues here that will probably never
be 100% fixed cause the snowplow has to use yards to push the snow to.
Will Your angle recommendation change if I decide to use the mulch
plug for the 42"?
Thanks,,,,Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 10:43 am, Dean wrote:
On the net I've seen recommended sharpenning angles from
25-45degrees. What do You Guys recommend for a 30" cut 10hp rider and
a 42" 20hp..There are some gravel issues here that will probably never
be 100% fixed cause the snowplow has to use yards to push the snow to.
Will Your angle recommendation change if I decide to use the mulch
plug for the 42"?
Thanks,,,,Dean

30 degrees , the bevel is 2x as long as the thickness of the blade,
then blunt the very edge by 1/64th or so for durability

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
On the net I've seen recommended sharpenning angles from
25-45degrees. What do You Guys recommend for a 30" cut 10hp rider and
a 42" 20hp..There are some gravel issues here that will probably never
be 100% fixed cause the snowplow has to use yards to push the snow to.
Will Your angle recommendation change if I decide to use the mulch
plug for the 42"?
Thanks,,,,Dean

Just a thought on the gravel in the stones, Dean. I have the same issue and
instead of trying to get gravel out of the grass in the spring I found
prevention to be easier. Maybe twice per winter when we get a thaw and the
gravel becomes aparent on the melting snow I use a flat shovel to shave it
from the snow and toss it back on the berm. It isn't perfect but has
reduced my spring gravel chores by 95%.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 10, 10:26 am, "C & E" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

oups.com...

On the net I've seen recommended sharpenning angles from
25-45degrees. What do You Guys recommend for a 30" cut 10hp rider and
a 42" 20hp..There are some gravel issues here that will probably never
be 100% fixed cause the snowplow has to use yards to push the snow to.
Will Your angle recommendation change if I decide to use the mulch
plug for the 42"?
Thanks,,,,Dean

Just a thought on the gravel in the stones, Dean. I have the same issue and
instead of trying to get gravel out of the grass in the spring I found
prevention to be easier. Maybe twice per winter when we get a thaw and the
gravel becomes aparent on the melting snow I use a flat shovel to shave it
from the snow and toss it back on the berm. It isn't perfect but has
reduced my spring gravel chores by 95%.

Thanks to You and beecrofter, both replies were helpful.
Dean