Posted to alt.home.repair
PVR PVR is offline

Default Cracked concrete.

I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 3:55?pm, "PVR" wrote:
I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.

yeah or eventually the cracks will show up as marks in the concrete

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

1/16" wide? With a good pad that will never show. I would be more worried
about any bumps in the concrete.

"PVR" wrote in message
I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PVR" wrote in message

I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.- Hide quoted text -

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could
be easi;ly seen

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could
be easi;ly seen

I never knew I had a crack until I took up the carpet after almost 20 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:50:10 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could
be easi;ly seen

I never knew I had a crack until I took up the carpet after almost 20 years.

Good thing the police didn't search and find your crack.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just this week installed Ceramic tile over a 1/8 inch crack. I am just
hoping it does not get bigger because if it does the tile will crack. This
crack goes from one side of my house to the other, it starts in the kitchen,
goes all the way threw the living room, threw the master bedroom closet and
threw the master bath. In the Kitchen and master bath there was vinyl
flooring and you could see the crack very much but in the living room and
closet where there was carpet you could not see the crack at all. I say
carpet over it and do not give it a second thought as I can no imagine a
crack smaller than 3/16 of an inch showing threw carpet.

Joe

wrote in message
ups.com...

"PVR" wrote in message

I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete
has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are
up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad
and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.- Hide quoted text -

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could
be easi;ly seen

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

People use rubber between concrete and ceramic tile so cracks in the
concrete do not transfer to the ceramic.

"Just Joe" not given @bogus.com wrote in message
I just this week installed Ceramic tile over a 1/8 inch crack. I am just
hoping it does not get bigger because if it does the tile will crack. This
crack goes from one side of my house to the other, it starts in the
kitchen, goes all the way threw the living room, threw the master bedroom
closet and threw the master bath. In the Kitchen and master bath there was
vinyl flooring and you could see the crack very much but in the living room
and closet where there was carpet you could not see the crack at all. I say
carpet over it and do not give it a second thought as I can no imagine a
crack smaller than 3/16 of an inch showing threw carpet.

Joe

wrote in message
ups.com...

"PVR" wrote in message

I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete
has
some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks
are up
to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.

Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad
and
carpet installed?

Many thanks,

Peter.- Hide quoted text -

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could
be easi;ly seen

Making cracked concrete driveway more presentable [email protected] Home Repair 5 April 30th 07 04:38 PM
Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution. [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 6th 06 04:06 PM
driveway cracked stevie Home Repair 7 October 10th 05 06:43 AM
Fixing cracked concrete in driveway and patio tenplay Home Repair 7 May 25th 05 02:16 AM
What should I do w/cracked bowls Denis Marier Woodturning 6 April 4th 04 06:46 AM