Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Workbench

I bought the wood (lowes calls it white wood.. so 'technical' they are)
today for my workbench. I only have a camry, so I had to get it broken
down for me. I had the 2x4's cut in half for the legs and I'll further
knock them down to about 42 inches as I want a 43 inch finished level
(like the fancy, smanzy one at sears)..

I got 5 (2x4's) of those and 5 -1x2x8's as well as a couple of 1x1x8's
and 2- 1x12x8 for the top. I guess I'll just have to knudge them
together as best I could (withe the 1x1's underneath) as I don't have
a planer to butt them up to be glued. I want a 24 inch work surface.

With the screws and all I'm at about 50 bucks. Could have done better if
I had a truck.

Another question is -should I stain the work bench. I guess it can't
hurt? Or is there a better finish for a shop bench...?

I might as well do the individual pieces before I slap it together (?)..

TANKS
Charles

Posted to alt.home.repair

I mentioned all this crap I bought because I was amazed I got it all in
my car. When I was walking around with a dolly full of stuff I needed,
I was thinking ...no way..