DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Online Source for Stove Elements (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202638-online-source-stove-elements.html)

mcp6453 June 2nd 07 11:05 PM

Online Source for Stove Elements

Can someone recommend a good site for replacement parts (elements) for
electric stoves? The Sears outlet store here wants $50 for one. If
they're that expensive, now, I'm gonna buy a gas stove! (The clerk told
me quietly that they are a ripoff. I believe it.)

dpb June 2nd 07 11:15 PM

On Jun 2, 5:05 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Can someone recommend a good site for replacement parts (elements) for
electric stoves? The Sears outlet store here wants $50 for one. If
they're that expensive, now, I'm gonna buy a gas stove! (The clerk told
me quietly that they are a ripoff. I believe it.)

There are a million places online for appliance parts. DAGS and choose
one.

I don't recall a url ottomh but I've dealt satisfactorily w/ at least
a couple -- one from OKC and another from Louisville...

Charles June 2nd 07 11:40 PM

Online Source for Stove Elements

m...

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_13.asp

mcp6453 June 3rd 07 02:05 AM

Online Source for Stove Elements

Charles wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...

Can someone recommend a good site for replacement parts (elements) for
electric stoves? The Sears outlet store here wants $50 for one. If they're
that expensive, now, I'm gonna buy a gas stove! (The clerk told me quietly
that they are a ripoff. I believe it.)

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_13.asp

Some of the elements connect with a wire loop terminal end. Others
connect with a spade terminal. Are the two methods equivalent? Is the
loop just a cheap version of the spade terminal?

The stove is a Whirlpool RF3300XPR, but that number does not turn up
anywhere in a Google search. The number that turns up is RF3300XPW0. I
assume they are the same unit.

It appears that the original elements in the stove had spades, but the
online parts that I find supposedly for this model have loops. See
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=3289 and
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...&SeqID=2&Chg=3.

The range came with 4-loop elements. The replacements show (such as the
ones above) are 5-loop elements. The benefit of 5 versus 4 seems
obvious, but does it really make any difference?