Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing a bumper sticker...

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy a
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller wrote:
We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the
old car for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to
buy a new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send
me one... Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

Heat gun or hair dryer will get it off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 6:04?pm, Clancy Wiggum wrote:
Toller wrote:
We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old car
for the new one.

Bumper stickers are for retards.

buy a new one or have a new one made. what does it mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/2/2007 6:04 PM Clancy Wiggum said the following:
Toller wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old car
for the new one.

Bumper stickers are for retards.

That's what the one I have on my bumper says. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:56:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy a
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

If it's plastic and not too old, it can be fairly easy. If it's
paper, very hard.

Bub is probaby right.

Where the hell is Chitna anyhow?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:56:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old
car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

If it's plastic and not too old, it can be fairly easy. If it's
paper, very hard.

Bub is probaby right.

Where the hell is Chitna anyhow?

My son simply pulled it off and reapplied it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Chitina is about a 4 hour drive northeast of Valdez Alaska. It has a
hundred or two people. I saw the bumpersticker when in McCarthy, which is a
3 hour drive beyond Chitina and is supposedly the most remote spot on earth
you can (almost) drive a car to. You had to be there to appreciate the
sticker.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Toller" wrote:

You had to be there to appreciate the
sticker.

Isn't that what makes bumper stickers a bit silly? No one who sees it is
going to appreciate it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Toller" wrote:

You had to be there to appreciate the
sticker.

Isn't that what makes bumper stickers a bit silly? No one who sees it is
going to appreciate it.

Yes, but we know what it is.

Years ago I had a cockatiel, and had a bumper sticker that said "Have you
hugged your cockie today?"
It was fun watching the people behind me at traffic lights. Then someone
vandelized it!

Of course it is funny because you can't really hug a cockatiel; they are
much too small.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:56:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old
car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

If it's plastic and not too old, it can be fairly easy. If it's
paper, very hard.

Bub is probaby right.

Where the hell is Chitna anyhow?

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Chitina...i=map&ct=title

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:56:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy a
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

Heat, I thought I heard heat with a plastic scraper could both remove
it, and not damage any finish. Then cleaned up with an adheasive
remover. Or the lazy way, put a bumpersticker you like over it.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Just Joshin" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:56:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

We have bought a new car and want to save the bumper sticker off the old
car
for the new one.
Any way to do that? Not likely, but maybe...

It says "Where the hell is Chitna?" Not likely to get back there to buy
new one. But if anyone in Chitina is reading this and can send me one...
Though I can't image what you would be reading it on.

Heat, I thought I heard heat with a plastic scraper could both remove
it, and not damage any finish. Then cleaned up with an adheasive
remover. Or the lazy way, put a bumpersticker you like over it.

Moot point now, since his kid peeled it off successfully. But he wanted to
REUSE the sticker, not just get it off.

aem sends...

Car door bumper strip adhesive David Home Repair 15 August 24th 17 07:50 PM
Fixing Brackets to ABS Car Bumper.... ? Steve Walker UK diy 21 January 9th 06 04:12 PM
Bumper Pool Table Plan JGS Woodworking 0 November 22nd 04 05:28 PM
Angle Iron Bumper David De Vuono Metalworking 9 January 16th 04 10:29 PM