Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire Risks of Cd Burning

I was always afraid to own one of these. but I was given one for
chrismas and now everyone is pressuring me to install it. I got a cd
burner and I am really afraid of the fire risks when using it. I
really dont want my computer to burn and am even more worried about my
home and family. Please tell me the risks are severe so I can print
the message and show it to the person that gave me this thing. I'd
really rather return it for a refund. I dont like things that burn
and could cause a serious fire. I really dont want to burn no cd
anyhow because I got a thing that plays the music on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mario,

I think their called CDs rather than Cds. They use powerful laser beams
which can burn through plastic. Thus they may be extremely dangerous. These
devices also contain trace amounts of noxious chemicals, so sending it to
the dump may not be legal where you live.
I'll help you since I'm a humanitarian. E-mail me and I'll send you my
shipping address. Ship the CD burner in it's box with all of the paperwork,
including the purchase receipt and the warranty card to me. I'll take it
from there.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

-1.4 on the 0 - 10 troll scale.
Posted to alt.home.repair

noooo, REALLY?!

On Jun 2, 1:08 pm, jJim McLaughlin wrote:
wrote:

-1.4 on the 0 - 10 troll scale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
Jim Conway wrote:

noooo, REALLY?!

On Jun 2, 1:08 pm, jJim McLaughlin wrote:
wrote:

-1.4 on the 0 - 10 troll scale.

Personally I would only give a 1 at best. Now if he had trolled this
in a computer NG, that would have bought the extra 0.4 point.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article

,

Kurt Ullman wrote:

wrote:

-1.4 on the 0 - 10 troll scale.

Personally I would only give a 1 at best. Now if he had trolled this
in a computer NG, that would have bought the extra 0.4 point.

Uh, maybe you missed the minus sign?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article

,

Kurt Ullman wrote:

wrote:

-1.4 on the 0 - 10 troll scale.

Personally I would only give a 1 at best. Now if he had trolled this
in a computer NG, that would have bought the extra 0.4 point.

Uh, maybe you missed the minus sign?

Ooops. No maybe about it.... Price I pay for joining in
progress and not paying attention to that little mark thingy next to the
.

Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ? carloponti UK diy 43 May 18th 07 12:40 PM
Risks with ungrounded musical equipment Doug Kanter Home Repair 11 February 23rd 06 02:43 AM
Risks Cliff Metalworking 5 February 13th 06 01:24 AM
Gas fire and wood burning [email protected] Home Repair 4 January 20th 06 10:53 PM