Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil-based sealer on new driveway

Hi, I just had my driveway paved with new asphalt. The contractor was going
to add an oil-based top sealer but ran out of same. He is supposed to come
back next week. In the meantime, several people whom I spoke to told me to
wait a few months before this is one.
Can someone advise me please.
thanks,
Monika

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 1, 4:49 pm, "Monika" wrote:
Hi, I just had my driveway paved with new asphalt. The contractor was going
to add an oil-based top sealer but ran out of same. He is supposed to come
back next week. In the meantime, several people whom I spoke to told me to
wait a few months before this is one.
Can someone advise me please.
thanks,
Monika

If you haven't paid for it, put it hold for a while. Find out what the
product is, what benefits, warranties, costs. Might turn out to be a
feel-good profit item for the contractor with no special merit for
you. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 1, 4:49 pm, "Monika" wrote:
Hi, I just had my driveway paved with new asphalt. The contractor was
going
to add an oil-based top sealer but ran out of same. He is supposed to
come
back next week. In the meantime, several people whom I spoke to told me
wait a few months before this is one.
Can someone advise me please.
thanks,
Monika

If you haven't paid for it, put it hold for a while. Find out what the
product is, what benefits, warranties, costs. Might turn out to be a
feel-good profit item for the contractor with no special merit for
you. HTH

Joe

Ditto that - every paving contractor I know recommends waiting 1 full year
before seal coating, but I'm not sure what materials we are talking about in
your situation.

Proceed with caution and informed decision making.

BTW - PLEASE let's not let this thread become a debate about "to seal or not
to seal" ok.....?
;-)