Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioner stinks

Hi everyone,

I have a wall mounted air conditioner (with the compressor outside)
and recently, the air it pushes has started to take on a weird odor
(not all the time - it's intermitent). I propped myself up there and
there seemed to be a brownish liquid, like moisture, sitting on the
vents.

I washed it all up, but the smell remains ... anyone has any idea what
could be causing this? (My filters are cleaned regularly - so that's
not it).

thanks,

Max

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:04:37 -0000, mxbrunet
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a wall mounted air conditioner (with the compressor outside)
and recently, the air it pushes has started to take on a weird odor
(not all the time - it's intermitent). I propped myself up there and
there seemed to be a brownish liquid, like moisture, sitting on the
vents.

I washed it all up, but the smell remains ... anyone has any idea what
could be causing this? (My filters are cleaned regularly - so that's
not it).

thanks,

Max

If your motherinlaw is missing, she got sucked into the fan, and
everyone knows she stinks......
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a wall mounted air conditioner (with the compressor outside)
and recently, the air it pushes has started to take on a weird odor
(not all the time - it's intermitent). I propped myself up there and
there seemed to be a brownish liquid, like moisture, sitting on the
vents.

I washed it all up, but the smell remains ... anyone has any idea what
could be causing this? (My filters are cleaned regularly - so that's
not it).

thanks,

Max

If you still have the installation instructions, you might have either
an issue with it not angled right(draining towards the outside), or a
plugged up drain line. Stagnent water can lead towards funky smells.

Tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com