Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
rank beginner writes:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0270.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0271.jpg

A clear match to the standard alien probe diameter.

The Russians like to pump thallium into people's homes through holes like
that, and they're notorious for picking the wrong victims.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was also following this thread. But, no more. Learn manners.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"rank beginner" wrote in message
ps.com...
: hey f**cktard, if you dont want to help,no skin off my back
:
: i'm calling a highly recommended mason tomorrow first th ing.
: If it troubles you that you cant take a little gruff from a
public
: message board
: then I'd avise to shut the f**k up and go elsewhere
:
: Chris
: Phungirl
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

rank beginner wrote:
excellent suggestion, Smarty.

As for why so much emphasis on the origin of them - Because I want to
k now if there's any foul play, that's why!!
We actually had a vandal damage the outside foundation wall once
(albeit not the same side of the house).
On that occasion, we heard the loud thump, thought the neighbor had a
mower or other object accidentally
roll into the wall, or something, but discovered somebody took a
hammer to the wall (or maybe just a heavy
blunt object, who knows) and struck the wall, causing a about a 15"
across chip/crack that left a noticeable
indentation. We had to patch it over but the stuff I bought at the
store when dry became a darkish-grey color that makes
it noticeable that it's a patch. We subsequently installed a security
camera on that side of the house. So far, no more
problems.

I just feel that any hole drilled in the side of your house should
arouse suspicion, unless it serves some specific purpose.
We have owned this house for over 30 years (it was my parents house
where I grew up) and we NEVER had these holes
drilled at any time be it for seepage, termites, or any other reason.
Plus, why did I notice them now?? I have raked over the
outside of our home constantly, and justs now see them. However, you
folks have given evidence which strongly suggests
they are indeed old....hmmm....tomorrow I will see if they are lined
with metal.

You are right to be concerned. The holes are exactly the right size for an
Ammonium Nitrate explosive sabot (#UANA-2777-5) used for (among others)
excavating salt in room-and-pillar mines. These are used in tandem with
others for controlled, low explosive, detonations. Used properly, it's
almost like carving rock!

Do you have any mining or similar activities in your area or, more
importantly, know anybody involved with earth-moving operations?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If wood ..... consider carpenter bees ...also woodpeckers. Both pests
can form essentialy perfect round holes.

"rank beginner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd greatly appreciate someone's help with this. This has me worried.
Don't know what the heck these are for. They were never there, just
discovered them this afternoon. They are on a side of the house by the
family room downstairs, and that side of the house abuts a public
park, so a lot of cars park by it. The reason I'm concerned is that
these holes were definitely never there before, and I can only surmise
they were done intentionally. The idea of vandals is disturbing. There
are a lot of visitors, all types of people, almost round the clock who
come to enjoy the park and park their cars on the curb in front of
this side of the house. Theyre were a lot of people on Memorial Day
especially,but there's people all the time on that side of the house.

Anyway, could anyone say if they were done intentionally or if they
are the work of a racoon or other animal. They seem too perfectly
round though, for that. I'd like to post a picture but I'm not sure if
we can do that on this group.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
rank beginner wrote:
[...]

You think perhaps his foundation has been mistaken for a salt mine?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:03:45 +0000, Norminn wrote:

rank beginner wrote:
I'm going to post the pictures I just took in a minute to the
photobucket site.
The walls aren't cinder block.

Sounds like carpenter bees - sounds goofy, until you see them, because
their holes look just like someone used a 1/2" drill. They are large,
like a bumble bee, and the females sting. First I learned of them was
on this n.g., then shortly after saw them at daughter's house.

Yes but can those things chew through concrete or sandstone or whatever
that stuff is in her foundation?

The Martian carpenter bees can chew through almost anything, except
cinder block. And, they're well known for lining their tunnels with
rusty metal pipes that one astute observer noticed in the close-up
photo. It blocks the psychotronic energy almost as well as the aluminum
foil that another helpful respondent mentioned.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:04:32 -0700, rank beginner
wrote:

excellent suggestion, Smarty.

As for why so much emphasis on the origin of them - Because I want to
k now if there's any foul play, that's why!!
We actually had a vandal damage the outside foundation wall once
(albeit not the same side of the house).
On that occasion, we heard the loud thump, thought the neighbor had a
mower or other object accidentally

I can't imagine why you suspect vandals. I am sure your neighbors
love you. You have already displayed your magnetic personality.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have looked at your pictures. I cannot tell if the foundation
is poured concrete or cement block, or other.

If it is poured concrete the holes are most likely from snap ties,
especially if they are all at the same elevation and equally
spaced. Winter freeze may have rust-expanded the snap tie itself
and pushed out grout plug(s).

Here is an example of a snap tie, notice the tapered plastic cone,
the tie is designed for the steel rod to break off at the bottom
of the cone and the cone and broken end come out of the concrete.
They are normally broken off after the pour and the formed recess
is grouted:
http://www.atlasconstructionspecialt...work/1-10.html

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"rank beginner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Smitty Two: If you can't think fo anything constructive to say,
I'd
appreciate it if you
didn't say anything at all. Thank you.

Here are the links to the pics:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0270.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0271.jpg

close-up of the hole
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0273.jpg

On Jun 1, 7:43 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

zxcvbob wrote:
rank beginner wrote:
[...]

They sound to me like the work of a busy insect.

Bob

I'm thinking space aliens myself. Anyway, the OP is
exaggerating. The
only way to get a perfectly round hole is to use a boring bar.

OK, here's my second WAG. I bet the holes have been there for
twenty
years and someone just pruned some bushes or cut some grass
that had
hidden them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:38:37 -0700, rank beginner
wrote:

yup, sometimes you gotta throw yourself in the gutter...its the only
way
with idiots that gets their respect...

You don't get any respect from me. I just see someone down there in
the gutter.

Anyhow, the holes are from auger rats.

I'm sure you understand.

Chris
On Jun 1, 11:18 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:11:19 -0700, rank beginner wrote:
infantile comments

Hi pot, called the kettle black did ya?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Yabbut this is a concrete foundation -- maybe mason bees? :-)

I've never seen Mason bees. Do they have the emblem with the square on
them? Secret handshake?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 1:04 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , (Larry W) wrote:

Carpenter bees make a hole so perfectly round it looks like it was
drilled. 1/2" dia. is about the size they make too.

Yabbut this is a concrete foundation -- maybe mason bees? :-)

This guy...?
http://www.handmadewebsites.com/mystuff/reese.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Clark wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:Qrj8i.5546$u56.5145
:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Yabbut this is a concrete foundation -- maybe mason bees? :-)

I've never seen Mason bees. Do they have the emblem with the square on
them? Secret handshake?

Look for the ring. They all wear it.

And the funny hats.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

rank beginner writes:

Smitty Two: If you can't think fo anything constructive to say, I'd
appreciate it if you
didn't say anything at all. Thank you.

close-up of the hole
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0273.jpg

Is this contructive?

Despite your claim to the contrary, I'd say that's a cinder block wall.

Looks like a layer of cement applied over cinder block.
I can't see any other way to explain the hollowness of the wall.

First you tell us what the wall is NOT made of.
What were you thinking?

Then you tell us your powers of observation are beyond reproach.

Then you think that vandals attacked your house but any fool can
see that's not a new hole.

The ground seems to be sloped toward the hole. I think you have water
running into that hole. That's not a good thing. Fill it with
cement.

Oh, and when someone replies to you in english, do you think it's polite
to reply in some other language? Please stop top posting when someone
has replied to you using time honoured internet conventions or trim,
quote, reply in context.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Harry wrote:

It's time frt the horta eggs to hatch. Baby hortas make small holes.
Do you see "NO KILL I" etched into the concrete?

Hehehehehe!

"I'm a DOCTOR, Jim, not a brick mason!"
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall...

This is a bizarre thread.. Yet I can't look away..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 02:19:37 -0400, mm wrote:

And you were rude and vulgar to other people too.

And you're female? This kind of jerkiness is much less common in
females, so within that segment of people, you must be a double jerk.

Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.

A good buddy of mine died last year of PMS. His wife shot him. :-)

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

the other English teams put together :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:36:56 GMT, Aardvark
wrote:

Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.

A good buddy of mine died last year of PMS. His wife shot him. :-)

You know why they call it PMS?
Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall
outside

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2007, 10:32am From:
(Terry)
wrote:
Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.

You know why they call it PMS?
Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

LMAO

Posted to alt.home.repair

I agree. I think he about summed it up..

1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall...

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2007, You know why they call it
PMS?
Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
LMAO
Vulgar.
****Accurate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rank beginner" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks you Doug, for your perspicacity, maturity, and insight.
If indeed they are lined with a metal tube, then that is conclusive
proof that they
are old (in spite of the fact that I find it very strange I did not
notice them before).

I will inspect them more closely first thing tomorrow to see if in
fact they are lined
with the aforementioned metal tube.

As for most of the other spastics:
What is it with the net and the usenet that the creeps choose it as
their breeding grounds?

PLONKETY PLONKY PLONK to you to, FU·c·TARDS

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Bye Bye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.

A good buddy of mine died last year of PMS. His wife shot him. :-)

You know why they call it PMS?
Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

I think you would have to agree that that is not true.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
mMm mMm is offline

replying to rank beginner, mMm wrote:
rawbeginner wrote:

[...]

YOUR ARE NOT ALONE - THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME. VARIOUS
OCCASSIONS THROUGHOUT THE PAST 3 1/2 YEARS HAVE FOUND UNAUTHORIZED DRILLED
HOLES ON MY HOUSE FOUNDATION, undermining the block support and stability
of the home. Have even found holes drilled on the decorative outside
lamp posts outside on my front lawn.

YES, THESE ARE DONE BY VANDALS. I have he same suspicions as you. One
of the policemen also mentioned one of his friends also complained of the
same thing. My suspicion is that a criminal in the neighborhood does
not like and is targeting us, OR Property Investing firms have targeted
your neighborhood and want to forcibly acquire yours and mine homes by
trying to scare people out of their house. The investment firms hire
thugs to do such criminal activities, including planting weaponised
insects outside window sills so the insects crawl inside following carbon
dioxide excelled by humans, and also by injecting chemical poisons in such
foundation drilled holes to make you itch or sick without you authorizing
anything.

Then, some people who do not Stand their Ground get scared of their
homes.....Investors targeting a house or neighborhood pick up the house
for cheap, and then rent the houses to Section 8 Voucher recipients where
the Government pays the Investors for maintenance, appliance replacements,
or anything dealing with a home in the form of high rent charged to the
government. The Section 8 vouches recipients pay a small portion of the
rent which is good for them, and the Government pays the rest to the
investing firm. The Section 9 investing firms and those homes acquired
through City's planning commisions is allowed to charge high rents for the
properties rented to Section 8 recipients... The return is about 78% of
the investment, vs current 2% of today's interest rates.

This is what I suspect and remote viewed that is happening.....YOU ARE NOT
ALONE. This is happening in SunHaven Subdivision of Kenneth City, Florida

Posted to alt.home.repair

They were never there, just
discovered them this afternoon. They are on a side of the house by the
family room downstairs, and that side of the house abuts a public
park, so a lot of cars park by it.

When we got holes like that in the wooden parts of our backyard bench,
it was carpenter bees.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

rawbeginner wrote:

[...]

Just like in 2007 when the original thread on this occurred,
those holes are STILL a sign on termite treatment.

You know:

paranoia runs deep, into your soul it will creep.
it starts when you are always afraid...

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:02:49 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

They were never there, just
discovered them this afternoon. They are on a side of the house by the
family room downstairs, and that side of the house abuts a public
park, so a lot of cars park by it.

When we got holes like that in the wooden parts of our backyard bench,
it was carpenter bees.

Maybe the vandals bring the carpenter bees, to make it hard to prosecute
them.

Then they feel guilty and treat the house for termites.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:13:31 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

You know:

paranoia runs deep, into your soul it will creep.
it starts when you are always afraid...

For what it's worth, I like your quote.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You know:

paranoia runs deep, into your soul it will creep.
it starts when you are always afraid...

For what it's worth, I like your quote.

Thanks, came to mind.

I don't know what's with the current OP, the old thread
wandered around a bit, but the best explanation appeared to
be holes left over from termite treatment.

For what it's worth,
The idea that some vandal would sneak up to a house
and drill holes in the foundation sounded pretty
paranoid to me.

Hooray for my side.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Any naval bases in your area adjusting the targeting computers of their
high power laser weapons?