Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Couple questions about relays...

I only like to have my well pump on at my cottage when I am there, but the
switch is in a really inconvenient place. I would like to put a relay on
it, so I can put the switch in a better place.

1) Can you suggest an online supplier of reasonably priced relays? I bought
one for my table saw a few years back, but can't remember where.
2) What is the requirement for wire size? They only use 30ma or something
like that; do they require wiring matched to the the breaker anyhow?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller writes:

1) Can you suggest an online supplier of reasonably priced relays?

http://search.ebay.com/contactor-30a

2) What is the requirement for wire size?

A 24 VAC controller can use 18 ga low-voltage wire. Sprinkler wire is a
ready source for direct burial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 04:06:40 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I only like to have my well pump on at my cottage when I am there, but the
switch is in a really inconvenient place. I would like to put a relay on
it, so I can put the switch in a better place.

1) Can you suggest an online supplier of reasonably priced relays? I bought
one for my table saw a few years back, but can't remember where.
2) What is the requirement for wire size? They only use 30ma or something
like that; do they require wiring matched to the the breaker anyhow?

Thanks

It is a safe bet that the pump is on a separate breaker. You might be
able to just turn off the breaker if it is convenient.

A couple more electrical questions... Toller Home Repair 7 December 13th 06 07:52 PM
Couple finishing questions Leuf Woodworking 0 May 26th 06 07:37 AM
couple of questions Barry Metalworking 6 May 10th 05 02:43 AM
A couple of plumbing questions fnord Home Repair 4 March 24th 05 03:31 AM
A couple of Painting questions. James \Cubby\ Culbertson Home Repair 8 March 1st 05 05:39 PM