Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall around shower stall

I have a fiberglass shower stall and when it is used, water splashes
off of who ever is using it and wets the first 4-6 inches of wall at
the top of the shower stall. This of course has eventually caused the
paint and what ever else the builder used to crack. What are my
options? I figure worse case, I can cut out the first foot or so up
of drywall/greenboard replace and tile. Is there any type of mud or
paint I could use to seal the wall?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 7:00 am, wrote:
I have a fiberglass shower stall and when it is used, water splashes
off of who ever is using it and wets the first 4-6 inches of wall at
the top of the shower stall. This of course has eventually caused the
paint and what ever else the builder used to crack. What are my
options? I figure worse case, I can cut out the first foot or so up
of drywall/greenboard replace and tile. Is there any type of mud or
paint I could use to seal the wall?

Have You tried prepping and applying a high gloss paint? The more
gloss the better it repels water and the easier to wipe clean..That's
why bathrooms and kitchens are often glossy..You may or may not want
to gloss the entire bathroom due to steam,,a good vent fan helps with
that of course..
Personally I do'nt like high gloss paint but I do see the sense in
certain applications..Satin is usually enough gloss for Me in LRs and
BRs..
Dean