DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to join 4" flexi tube to 4" PVC? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202347-how-join-4-flexi-tube-4-pvc.html)

dean May 31st 07 06:31 AM

How to join 4" flexi tube to 4" PVC?

I have a gray water flexi tube leading from my house outside, which my
sump pump (and filter backwash) dumps into. Right now these two are in
a 2" PVC pipe that just stick into the open end of the flex tubing.

I want to install a 4" PVC drain pipe so that my shower, washer and
dishwasher also dump into it. I will need to join the two pipes (4"
PVC and 4" flexi pipe), just not sure how to do this. Please advise.

Thanks!

DeanB

dpb May 31st 07 02:17 PM

On May 31, 12:31 am, dean wrote:
I have a gray water flexi tube leading from my house outside, ...

I want to install a 4" PVC drain pipe so that my shower, washer and
dishwasher also dump into it. ...

I seriously doubt this will pass you local health codes. Where does
this end up?

Even in TN in a county not within a city limits was required to
redirect washing machine from a dry well discharge to the regular
plumbing system in order to sell the house.

Steve Barker June 1st 07 04:28 AM

How to join 4" flexi tube to 4" PVC?

I must have missed something on the OP. I didn't think he asked about the
legalities of the connection, only how to do it.

--
Steve Barker

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...

dpb June 1st 07 04:56 AM

How to join 4" flexi tube to 4" PVC?

On May 31, 10:28 pm, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
I must have missed something on the OP. I didn't think he asked about the
legalities of the connection, only how to do it.

Then why didn't _YOU_ tell him how???

I don't have a good answer for the connection and think that it
probably isn't legal is worth pointing out -- he can then make a
decision from there...