Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sill plate for shed?

I just completed a floor for my shed using Patio Stones. But somewhere
along the way I realized a 10x8 shed does not use a 10x8 floor. LOL, the guy
at HD said it would work. Seriously my fault for not downloading the install
first, but not a huge problem either. Since I have a PT frame for the stones
and base, I made sure that the stones are just proud of the PT frame so that
the shed rail can overlap the PT frame. My only concern is that the stones
may settle at a different rate than the frame and warp the shed walls.

So I was thinking about putting down some 2x6 PT around the outside of the
base that would be flush with the stone's PT frame. This would give me a
more stable base and make it easier to screw down the shed's sole plate. I
was going to use some Tapcons to anchor my sill plate to the Patio Stones,
which should be easier than drilling holes for the shed's sole plate in
cement. Simply because I don't have to be as accurate about placing the
Tapcons.

Too anal?