Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air Units

My husband and I just recently replaced the thermostat in our house. the
first day that we turned on the cool because it was a Very warm day the
central air unit worked wonderfully. We have owned our house for 4 years. Not
sure of how old the unit is. The next couple of days i noticed that the air
through the vent is not as cool and it takes forever to get the temp back to
the setting that i have it at. Also when it gets warmer through the day i
notice that the central air doesnt keep up with keeping it cool enough in the
house..

Do i need to have it recharged with freon? Or do i have a small leak? Or
could it be the thermostat? My husband thinks it might be the new thermostat
because it is an energy star and he thinks that maybe it isnt kicking out the
cold air like it did with the old thermostat because in the long run it saves
money?.. I need help because i dont know what to do. I am worried about
bringing someone into the house because i have heard the horror stories of
being ripped off and not getting it done correctly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 29, 9:36 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2007 14:29:08 +0000, thekillins wrote:
[...]

If the outdoor unit is running and you're not getting cold air inside you
need to get someone qualified to diagnose your problem.

--

Good advice. If the outside unit is running, the problem is not the
new thermostat.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you all for your advice and help. We paid someone to come and tell us
what was wrong and the answer was:

1. The pressure valve was blow out
2. There was a 1/4inch hole in the line which lead to No freon whatsoever
3. The compressor had been contaminated and therefore no good.

So I was told that i need to have a funeral and say good bye to it and get
brand new. Since i have only had it for 4 years because it was here when i
bought my house i found out that it indeed had lasted for 30 years.. I
couldnt believe it was that old.

So thank you very much for your help. I have a guy that will be installing a
new unit within in the next 2days depending on how long it takes for him to
get the system i want.

By the way i had an Amana and i am going with another Amana because i figure
it couldnt hurt to go with the same company since this one lasted so long.

Recomendations on Central Air Units...... Frank B. Home Repair 5 July 12th 06 09:48 PM
Do air conditioner units need to be level? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 13th 06 06:32 PM
Warm Air Units Uk gastec UK diy 74 December 2nd 05 12:04 AM
Air Filtration units Keith Woodworking 16 February 10th 05 04:27 AM
"Air exchange" units Clive Long,UK UK diy 4 November 24th 03 11:04 PM