DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Converting Weber BBQ From LP To NG, and Vice Versa (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202018-converting-weber-bbq-lp-ng-vice-versa.html)

ScottO May 28th 07 01:35 AM

Converting Weber BBQ From LP To NG, and Vice Versa

Just got through yesterday with swapping the burners and manifold on my
Weber LP BBQ with my sister-in-law's NG unit, since she lost her source for
Natural Gas when she moved, and I recently had my gas line extended to my
BBQ area.

I've heard that the difference between the two is the manifold/burners but
visually I couldn't tell any difference. FWIW, the burner orifices looked
identical. Like I said before, I swapped them anyway just to be sure.

For those of you in the know, **IS** there really any difference?

ScottO.

DanG May 28th 07 01:57 AM

Converting Weber BBQ From LP To NG, and Vice Versa

The diameter of hole in the orifice should be different. Natural
gas needs to be larger.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Lawrence May 28th 07 03:19 AM

On May 27, 7:35 pm, "ScottO" wrote:
Just got through yesterday with swapping the burners and manifold on my
Weber LP BBQ with my sister-in-law's NG unit, since she lost her source for
Natural Gas when she moved, and I recently had my gas line extended to my
BBQ area.

I've heard that the difference between the two is the manifold/burners but
visually I couldn't tell any difference. FWIW, the burner orifices looked
identical. Like I said before, I swapped them anyway just to be sure.

For those of you in the know, **IS** there really any difference?

ScottO.

There is a difference. When I moved to the country and onto propane,
my appliances had their orifices changed to accomodate.

Tony Hwang May 28th 07 03:46 AM

ScottO wrote:
Just got through yesterday with swapping the burners and manifold on my
Weber LP BBQ with my sister-in-law's NG unit, since she lost her source for
Natural Gas when she moved, and I recently had my gas line extended to my
BBQ area.

I've heard that the difference between the two is the manifold/burners but
visually I couldn't tell any difference. FWIW, the burner orifices looked
identical. Like I said before, I swapped them anyway just to be sure.

For those of you in the know, **IS** there really any difference?

ScottO.

Hi,
Between LP and NG, BTU content is different. So orifice should be
different. Otherwise it won't generate as much heat with NG.