DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   EMT load calculation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201757-emt-load-calculation.html)

tr May 24th 07 04:01 PM

EMT load calculation

Can someone tell me or direct me to a site that will figure the
maximum wire gauge and amperage that a 2" EMT conduit run of 100 ft
will allow ?

Thanks, Tim R

BobK207 May 24th 07 04:46 PM

EMT load calculation

On May 24, 8:01 am, tr wrote:
Can someone tell me or direct me to a site that will figure the
maximum wire gauge and amperage that a 2" EMT conduit run of 100 ft
will allow ?

Thanks, Tim R

http://www.alanwire.com/tech/conduit.html

looks like somewhere around 4 #4/0

which would be around 200 amps

but verify via an additional source

cheers
Bob

Calvin Henry-Cotnam June 8th 07 12:48 PM

EMT load calculation

tr ) said...

Can someone tell me or direct me to a site that will figure the
maximum wire gauge and amperage that a 2" EMT conduit run of 100 ft
will allow ?

You can get a free conduit-fill calculator at
http://www.daxack.ca/Conduit

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam