Posted to alt.home.repair

Default which 10" toilet flushes best??

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really
well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any
recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

TIA,
Deborah

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just replaced a 15 year old crane that I paid $225.00 for with a Toto
that I paid $250.00 for, so I didn't think that was to bad a price change
after 15 years, the Toto uses 1/2 the water and flushes really well, brass
internal parts which suprised me.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really
well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any
recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

TIA,
Deborah

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 24, 9:29?am, "Greg" wrote:
I just replaced a 15 year old crane that I paid $225.00 for with a Toto
that I paid $250.00 for, so I didn't think that was to bad a price change
after 15 years, the Toto uses 1/2 the water and flushes really well, brass
internal parts which suprised me.

wrote in message

oups.com...

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really
well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any
recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

TIA,
Deborah- Hide quoted text -

be aware of noise, too loud and no one will want to flush during
sleeping hours, some pressure assisted toilets sound like jet aircraft
on take off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

) said...

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really
well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any
recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

When we built our house in 2002-4, we came across a toilet called the
Niagara Flapperless (
http://www.niagaraflapperless.ca). One of the nice
features of its design is that it can be installed where the setback
is anywhere from 10" to 12" - the tank/bowl conection is adjustable.

We have been impressed with their operation - we have three installed and
are currently finishing our basement and will be adding a fourth for a
new bathroom. They do not have a flapper valve that eventually wears out
and leaks. The website has a video demonstration, but basically there is
a trough in the tank that fills with water. Flushing the toilet dumps the
trough into the bottom of the tank.

The trough idea provides two additional benefits: since water is not
ordinarily touching the sides of the tank, there is no condensation on
the tank. Also, I find that the extra fall of the water makes for a
stronger flush. We have never had an issue with a six-litre flush being
insufficient.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:21:24 -0700, deborahstraka wrote:

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really well
(like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any recommendations?
I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

Hi,

About a year ago I bought a Toto and an American Standard Champion in the
same month. Go with the Toto hands down. I am going to buy a second Toto
this week to replace the AS.

The water doesn't always turn off and even when it does it runs from
time-to-time. Google leaks. Any yes I have replaced the gasket.

Toto Drakes are $350 where I live. I will gladly pay that to get rid of
the other one.

Good luck,
Steve

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:21:24 -0700, deborahstraka wrote:

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really
well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any
recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

TIA,
Deborah

I have 3 Gerber toilets in my new house. Thats 3 pieces of junk I would
never every go anywhere near if I had the choice.

"worn out" toilet pete Home Repair 27 November 25th 15 08:48 PM
My details on "no spin" Kenmore or Whirlpool "Motor Coupling" upgrades, and washer repair. [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 3rd 09 07:36 AM
GOOD toilet that flushes in ONE flush? Ignoramus17503 Home Repair 39 August 4th 06 03:04 PM
Follow-up on "headless knobs", furniture bolts with "rivet-shaped" heads mm Home Repair 1 March 30th 06 09:10 AM