Posted to alt.home.repair

Default window air condioner

I just installed a window air conditioner which was smaller in size
than the window. It was installed through a double hung with storm
windows as well. My problem is on the outside. I have about 1 1/2" x
15" exposed areas on either side of the storm window frame and a/c. I
installed foam insulation to fill the gaps between the a/c and d/h
window frame, but it's exposed to the outside elements. I need a
suggestion on how to cover/seal this from the elements: rain, snow,
etc. I am afraid rain will enter the window where I installed the foam
insulation filler. Thanks.