DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New steel garage door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201651-new-steel-garage-door.html)

[email protected] May 23rd 07 04:47 PM

New steel garage door

Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Pop` May 23rd 07 05:38 PM

New steel garage door

wrote:
Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Sounds pricey to me, but ... I can't see the place to tell what needs to be
done, AND prices vary greatly by geographic area so you cannot get
reasonable info with that tiny bit of info even if one takes a guess.

Abe May 23rd 07 05:45 PM

New steel garage door

On 23 May 2007 09:41:57 -0700, wrote:

On May 23, 11:47 am, wrote:
Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

I did this not too long ago with a similarly sized door. That price is
quite reasonable if it's a good quality door.

Tony Hwang May 24th 07 02:03 AM

New steel garage door

wrote:
Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Hi,
Sounds fair to me. Up here I just had a bottom section replaced and door
tune up for 250.00 CAD. Section was dinged backing up in a hurry causing
door misalignment chewing up the weather strpping.

[email protected] May 24th 07 08:19 AM

New steel garage door

On May 23, 9:18 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 08:47:57 -0700, ftom wrote:
Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

What size?

It is a 16x7 door, in So. California.

John JJ May 29th 07 02:37 AM

New steel garage door

On May 23, 11:47 am, wrote:
Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage
door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation)
door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.

I did this not too long ago with a similarly sized door. That price is
quite reasonable if it's a good quality door.

I'm up in SFO, I got a few estimates last month for similar size door, with
new tracks and torsion spring.