DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wireless thermostat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201524-wireless-thermostat.html)

Tony Hwang May 23rd 07 05:45 AM

Wireless thermostat

Hi,
I am considering one for heat/cool application.
Anyone using one? Any helpful comments/suggestions?
TIA,
Tony

John Gilmer May 24th 07 07:18 AM

Wireless thermostat

I have not used a wireless thermostat.

The advantages and disadvantages are manifest: 1) you don't have to run
wires to the thermostat location; but 2) you have to remember to replace the
batteries in the "remote."; AND 3) you have added some "stuff" that can "go
wrong" to your HVAC system.

You pays your money and takes your chances.