Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing machine out of balance

On May 22, 7:36 pm, Grandpa wrote:
Fred wrote:
Wife washed a large comforter in the washing machine.
Now every load is out of balance during the spin cycle.
I looked under it and I don't see the old concrete block that I use
see on older washing machines. I was thinking that it broke loose. I
do see springs holding the tube going it different directions but I
don't see any that are broken.

What could it be?

Any one of a dozen or more things. The transistors are burned out on
my crystal ball and I'm too lazy to replace them. You know you can
keep asking this question and get very little response; or you could
at least tell us what make and model of washer it is so that someone
at least has a starting place for advice.

--
Grandpa

kenmore - top loading
not sure of the model number
took one glance could not find it
will look again

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred wrote:
[...]

Pop the top and see what's loose.

Yep, if you're sure its level and still out of balance, then you'll
have to open it up. Could be a suspension spring is slipped out of
place or one of the balance pads has shifted or come out. Parts and
diagrams can be found he
http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp
They will even help you find the model number. ;-)
--
Grandpa

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794- Hide quoted text -

You know, I could get the top off.

I looked under the lid from the inside and it is screwed with a sheet
metal screw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred wrote:
[...]

Grandpa- Hide quoted text -

kenmore
22722100
correction couldn't get the top off

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred wrote:
[...]

Well, if you can't get the top off, you won't be able to
troubleshoot or fix it. Most top loader tops are held together with
spring catches in the front and slide bars in the back so that it
can be tilted up for inspection. The screws are to hold the control
panel to the top. A putty knife slid into the front should pop the
top free, it is a very strong spring catch. Look for something like
this:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=669300

Is the tub itself very easy to move side to side, does it stay to
one side or the other? If so, there are springs that are either
broken or disconnected.

--
Grandpa