DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201426-best-way-attach-brass-tailpiece-pvc.html)

hradilv May 22nd 07 05:09 PM

best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc

I have to attach a 1-1/2 in brass tailpiece from the drain of my new
tub to the 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe. Should I use a pvc compression
fitting or something else. Should I use pvc adhesive? What's best?
TIA.

DT May 22nd 07 10:17 PM

best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc

In article .com,
says...

I have to attach a 1-1/2 in brass tailpiece from the drain of my new
tub to the 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe. Should I use a pvc compression
fitting or something else. Should I use pvc adhesive? What's best?
TIA.

It's a standard fitting, a large compression adapter with a plastic or rubber
ferrule that goes around the tailpiece. They often come with both 1 1/4" and
1 1/2 ferrules. The body glues onto the pvc.

--
Dennis

hradilv May 23rd 07 03:06 PM

best way to attach a brass tailpiece to pvc

On May 22, 4:17 pm, (DT) wrote:
In article .com,
says...

I have to attach a 1-1/2 in brass tailpiece from the drain of my new
tub to the 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe. Should I use a pvc compression
fitting or something else. Should I use pvc adhesive? What's best?
TIA.

It's a standard fitting, a large compression adapter with a plastic or rubber
ferrule that goes around the tailpiece. They often come with both 1 1/4" and
1 1/2 ferrules. The body glues onto the pvc.

--
Dennis

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks, Dennis