Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mystery green in the tub

Over the weeks after cleaning my bath tub, there appears slowly a
greenish scummy deposit - feels like soap scum but its green. My first
thought was the green 'Shield' soap I was using was the source of the
color. But I stopped using colored soap (ivory now, its pure white),
and still the green returns, regular as clockwork.

I changed my shampoo to and orange one, and still the green continues.

I washed the tiles thoroughly, and cleaned the curtain, and still its
coming back.

So I have narrowed it down to one of the following:

1. Leaching out of the copper piping. Nothing appears in the other
showers and sinks, however, its just this one.
2. Leaching out of the tiles - they are indeed pale green, but come
on!
3. As my wife just put it, something green is leaking out of me. I
feel pretty healthy though!

Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

dean wrote:
Over the weeks after cleaning my bath tub, there appears slowly a
greenish scummy deposit - feels like soap scum but its green.

Sure sounds like mold to me.

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are

Water leaks from underneath bath tub when tub spout is connected CJ Home Repair 6 August 13th 06 01:04 AM
how to remove old tub drain/strainer from tub waste shoe TimR Home Repair 4 March 24th 06 12:44 AM
Green bath Tub Jeff Bulach Home Repair 3 March 21st 05 12:57 AM
FS: Green & Green book Rick Stein Woodworking 2 October 11th 03 03:59 AM
green mark on tub surface jim Home Repair 5 July 11th 03 04:03 PM