Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to fill this gap?

I have a half-inch gap between the foundation of my garage and my
house. We're having some trouble with spiders, and have seen some
mouse-droppings so I'm trying to fill any cracks and crevices that may
be inviting to these pests.

What should I use to fill this? Is cement a good option or do I need
something that will allow this space to expand/contract with the
change in seasons? If I need something less rigid then what should I
use?

Here's a photo of the gap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31679241@N00/499608030

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

engwar wrote:
I have a half-inch gap between the foundation of my garage and my
house. We're having some trouble with spiders, and have seen some
mouse-droppings so I'm trying to fill any cracks and crevices that may
be inviting to these pests.

What should I use to fill this? Is cement a good option or do I need
something that will allow this space to expand/contract with the
change in seasons? If I need something less rigid then what should I
use?

Here's a photo of the gap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31679241@N00/499608030

Thanks.

I would start by using an expanding foam to fill most of the gap and
then use a calk type substance for the final surface fill.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 May 2007 15:12:21 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

Butyl rubber

Is that called "bitch-a-thane"?
--