DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DIY source for solar HWH tanks? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/200682-diy-source-solar-hwh-tanks.html)

Nate Nagel May 15th 07 01:34 AM

DIY source for solar HWH tanks?

Anyone know if there's a source where someone can just buy a tank for a
solar system with the heat exchanger built into it? Mine is dying and
the guy that installed it 20 years ago or so wants $1500 to replace it.
Now I do have some granola crunchy tendencies, but I dunno if it's
really worth that much money, but if I can get the tank for a couple
hundred I'm sure I can muscle it down the stairs and solder it up.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Pete C. May 15th 07 12:38 PM

Nate Nagel wrote:

Anyone know if there's a source where someone can just buy a tank for a
solar system with the heat exchanger built into it? Mine is dying and
the guy that installed it 20 years ago or so wants $1500 to replace it.
Now I do have some granola crunchy tendencies, but I dunno if it's
really worth that much money, but if I can get the tank for a couple
hundred I'm sure I can muscle it down the stairs and solder it up.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

You should be able to find plenty of potential sources at
http://www.homepower.com

sylvan butler May 22nd 07 01:11 AM

On Mon, 14 May 2007 20:34:39 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:
Anyone know if there's a source where someone can just buy a tank for a
solar system with the heat exchanger built into it? Mine is dying and
the guy that installed it 20 years ago or so wants $1500 to replace it.

Any electric water heater tank, and a solar wand heat exchanger from
http://ButlerSunSolutions.com/ (no connection, not even a customer, but
it sounds like it should work well...).

sdb

--