DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Free water heater (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/200236-free-water-heater.html)

Terry May 10th 07 01:34 AM

Free water heater

I seem to recall someone telling me that either the gas company or the
electric would give you a water if you switch from using the other
source of power.

This happen to anyone?

Don Young May 10th 07 03:40 AM

Free water heater

"Terry" wrote in message
I seem to recall someone telling me that either the gas company or the
electric would give you a water if you switch from using the other
source of power.

This happen to anyone?

Sure. I got a free 50 gallon direct vent gas heater. Call your gas or
electric company.

Don Young

[email protected] May 10th 07 04:20 AM

Free water heater

On May 9, 10:40?pm, "Don Young" wrote:
"Terry" wrote in message

... I seem to recall someone telling me that either the gas company or the
electric would give you a water if you switch from using the other
source of power.

This happen to anyone?

Sure. I got a free 50 gallon direct vent gas heater. Call your gas or
electric company.

Don Young

go from electric to gas save bucks.

go from gas to electric even with free tank will cost you BIG bucks.

not only in operating cost, gas is almost always less than electric
but in recovery time.

gas heats water far faster than electric, so a 40 gallon gas tank will
need replaced by a 75 gallon electric tank.....

so whats your current tank?

Figure in cost of electric service upgrade, its highly likely when
figuring cost of changing........