DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tree root damage (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/200187-tree-root-damage.html)

[email protected] May 9th 07 03:58 PM

Tree root damage

Hello, I had to have a tree taken down and in the process I notice
they rant over the large exposed root at the base of another tree and
knocked the bark off the top. Root is 5-6" in diameter (it's a large
tree) and the piece of bark knocked off is about 3" by 6".

Will this hurt the tree ? Should I put something on it ? The root in
question is similar to that seen in this pictu

http://www.treeboss.net/images/buttressing.jpg

Thank you, sorry in advance for the cross-post.

John Gilmer May 9th 07 06:35 PM

Tree root damage

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I had to have a tree taken down and in the process I notice
they rant over the large exposed root at the base of another tree and
knocked the bark off the top. Root is 5-6" in diameter (it's a large
tree) and the piece of bark knocked off is about 3" by 6".

Exposed roots are always getting the bark on top knocked off. It doesn't
seem to cause any real trouble.