DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Finishing concrete, running out of butter. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/200112-finishing-concrete-running-out-butter.html)

** Frank ** May 8th 07 10:02 PM

Finishing concrete, running out of butter.

Funny I just done two side by side pours with 60# premix concrete bags
purchased at same place and at the same time. One pour was ok but the second
pure had less butter when I try to finish it. It had more sand and aggregate
on the surface and took longer to finish. How do you guys fix this? Throw a
little cement on the wet surface to compensate this?

[email protected] May 8th 07 10:25 PM

On May 8, 5:02?pm, "** Frank **" wrote:
Funny I just done two side by side pours with 60# premix concrete bags
purchased at same place and at the same time. One pour was ok but the second
pure had less butter when I try to finish it. It had more sand and aggregate
on the surface and took longer to finish. How do you guys fix this? Throw a
little cement on the wet surface to compensate this?

push gravel solids down with rake. was the second pour in higher temp?

when its hotter the cream doesnt have ime to rise to the top as well
and you get a rough surface

** Frank ** May 9th 07 02:39 PM

Finishing concrete, running out of butter.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 8, 5:02?pm, "** Frank **" wrote:
Funny I just done two side by side pours with 60# premix concrete bags
purchased at same place and at the same time. One pour was ok but the
second
pure had less butter when I try to finish it. It had more sand and
aggregate
on the surface and took longer to finish. How do you guys fix this? Throw
little cement on the wet surface to compensate this?

push gravel solids down with rake. was the second pour in higher temp?

Could be, but not that much higher.

when its hotter the cream doesnt have ime to rise to the top as well
and you get a rough surface

Come to think of it, the first pour wasn't all that smooth either but better
than the second pour. I use to be able to finish very smooth like the garage
floors. Seems like the new bags has less cement in them now.