DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need advice on stained concrete stoop (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/199994-need-advice-stained-concrete-stoop.html)

Gina May 7th 07 06:32 PM

Need advice on stained concrete stoop

A house we just bought has a small stoop or porch in front made of
concrete. The former owner stained it some shade of red, and is now
fading. It looks bad. Can anything be done to restore the concrete
back to just looking like concrete?

charlie May 7th 07 08:41 PM

Need advice on stained concrete stoop

"Gina" wrote in message
oups.com...
A house we just bought has a small stoop or porch in front made of
concrete. The former owner stained it some shade of red, and is now
fading. It looks bad. Can anything be done to restore the concrete
back to just looking like concrete?

epoxy paint. you won't get the stain out, as a lot of the stains are
actually a chemical reaction that is not reversible.

the good news is that you can get lots of colors besides gray

[email protected] May 7th 07 10:24 PM

Need advice on stained concrete stoop

On May 7, 3:41?pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"Gina" wrote in message

oups.com...

A house we just bought has a small stoop or porch in front made of
concrete. The former owner stained it some shade of red, and is now
fading. It looks bad. Can anything be done to restore the concrete
back to just looking like concrete?

epoxy paint. you won't get the stain out, as a lot of the stains are
actually a chemical reaction that is not reversible.

the good news is that you can get lots of colors besides gray

try cleaning a less noticeable spot with sandpaper or wire brush, the
color may only be surface and easily removed, if you want the natural
concrete color/

if not epoxy paint but painting concrete is never a good idea