DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning brick (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/199822-cleaning-brick.html)

Marianne Halevi May 6th 07 01:58 AM

Cleaning brick

I have small brick porch in back of my house with a nice tree that gives shade to sit under. It was made from used brick, and looked good. But last year, when they had to open up a trench through it for some pipes to go in the ground, the brick came in touch with soil and, I guess, were lying around "dirty" for a while. When the pipes were in I put the bricks back and washed them, but they still have this muddy look when they dry (look o.k. when wet). I think the mud got into the pores of the brick or something like that. Is there a way to clean them?
Marianne

Roger May 6th 07 04:59 AM

Cleaning brick

Try a scrub brush, elbow grease, and detergent, let it sit awhile, then
spray it
off with a powerful nozzle. Should work, if it is just dirt.

--
Marianne Halevi