Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default install staple up radiant before hardwood floors?

I am planning on putting in staple up radiant heating for my main
floor while I am finishing my basement (since I will have access to
the underside of the floor). At a future date I want to remove the
linoleum floor on the main floor and put in hardwood floors, the real
oak flooring that you have to nail down. I know my floor has 3/4
plywood, do I run a serious risk with nails going through the subfloor
and puncturing the radiant? or do the nails normally not go that
deep? I will use a pneumatic floor nailer.