Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dielectric nipples vs. heat traps.

Dielectric nipples vs. heat traps.

A pair of plain old dielectric nipples for the electric water heater
are 4 dollars. With heat traps, which I gather are just little rubber
flaps inside, they are 8 dollars.

Why do they still sell the simpler ones, just because people want to
save 4 dollars?

I don't remember what I used 13 years ago. If you recommend the ones
without the heat traps, and that's what I used 13 years ago, can I
just use the same ones that are in there now?

Thanks a lot. This is such a little thing, I hardly believe it is so
confusing to me.

BTW, I'm replacing the WH where water sprayed around the escutcheon of
the drain valve. I couldn't easily tell where the water was coming
from, and it's a 12 year water heater that is between 11 and 15 years
old, and I decided to replace it. I've been taking showering at a
neighbor's and taking sponge baths.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 27, 2:03�am, mm wrote:
[...]

the plain dieelectric connections are for isolating dis similiar metal
water lines.

like connect copper to galvanized directly, you will get a leak sooner
or later, the metal erodes away.

Heat traps? [email protected] UK diy 3 January 21st 07 08:06 PM
brass nipples UK jez Woodturning 4 April 24th 05 10:45 AM
Bay Area Dave pulls your nipples Tarapia Tapioco Woodworking 2 December 23rd 03 12:19 PM
Extended nipples TC UK diy 6 July 17th 03 03:31 PM