DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baseboard Adhesive. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/199077-baseboard-adhesive.html)

PVR April 26th 07 10:48 PM

Baseboard Adhesive.

I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without
nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted drywall?

Peter.

Colbyt April 26th 07 11:02 PM

Baseboard Adhesive.

"PVR" wrote in message
I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without
nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted
drywall?

Peter.

Liquid nails or any general purpose construction adhesive is about as good
as anything.

Painted makes it less of a sure thing. Your bond is a good as the paint.
Unpainted your bond is as good as the paper on the drywall. Neither of
those excite me.

Colbyt

Charles April 26th 07 11:20 PM

Baseboard Adhesive.

"PVR" wrote in message
I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without
nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted
drywall?

Many construction adhesives will work ... but it would be a lot easier to
also run a few fasteners in there and here where things don't quite match up
.... they never do, by the way.

Lawrence April 27th 07 12:37 AM

Baseboard Adhesive.

On Apr 26, 4:48 pm, "PVR" wrote:
I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without
nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted drywall?

Peter.

Is there some reason you can't nail it to the studs??

PVR April 27th 07 02:10 AM

Baseboard Adhesive.

Yeah. I glued 3" rigid foam to the basement walls then glued drywall to the
foam. works very well but probably not up to code. I can use a few wall
anchors in addition to glue.

Many thanks to all who answered.

Peter.

Lawrence" wrote in message
ups.com...

DanG April 27th 07 03:46 AM

Baseboard Adhesive.

It is quite common to install base with construction adhesive and
to use a finish nail gun shot at steep angles to "staple" the trim
till the glue has set.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Phisherman April 27th 07 10:16 AM

Baseboard Adhesive.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:48:02 -0400, "PVR"
wrote:

I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without
nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted drywall?

Peter.

Liquid Nails. You will need to brace, clamp, weight with sandbags,
etc. Nailing is the preferred choice, though.