DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric furnace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/198843-electric-furnace.html)

Albert Fretwell April 24th 07 03:15 PM

Electric furnace

I live in a mobile home with an oil furnace, I want to take the oil
furnace out and replace it with an electric one, is there one on the
market that also serves as an air conditioner for the summer months.
Thanks
--
Albert

Joseph Meehan April 24th 07 09:09 PM

Electric furnace

Albert Fretwell wrote:
I live in a mobile home with an oil furnace, I want to take the oil
furnace out and replace it with an electric one, is there one on the
market that also serves as an air conditioner for the summer months.
Thanks

Sure. If you get a heat pump you might end up with a system that cost
no more than your current system to operate. Depending on your oil and gas
prices, the efficiency of the units and your local weather, it may or may
not be a good idea.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit