DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sliding patio door track (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/198787-sliding-patio-door-track.html)

HeyBub April 24th 07 02:37 AM

Sliding patio door track

Has worn down to a nub. As a consequence, the sliding door often jumps the
track and has to be levered back on to the track with a screwdriver.

Suggestions for replacing the track?

Thanks.

Norminn April 24th 07 04:05 AM

Sliding patio door track

HeyBub wrote:

Has worn down to a nub. As a consequence, the sliding door often jumps the
track and has to be levered back on to the track with a screwdriver.

Suggestions for replacing the track?

Thanks.

There is a track strip that mounts on top of the old track and screws
down - we got ours free from the contractor who came out to put new
wheels on the door. Too old to find the right wheels, but he adjusted
them so they ride the track, rather than grinding along on the frame.
The "fix" isn't an entire section of frame - just mounts onto it.

HeyBub April 24th 07 01:22 PM

Sliding patio door track

Norminn wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Has worn down to a nub. As a consequence, the sliding door often
jumps the track and has to be levered back on to the track with a
screwdriver. Suggestions for replacing the track?

Thanks.

There is a track strip that mounts on top of the old track and screws
down - we got ours free from the contractor who came out to put new
wheels on the door. Too old to find the right wheels, but he adjusted
them so they ride the track, rather than grinding along on the frame.
The "fix" isn't an entire section of frame - just mounts onto it.

Thanks. You've inspired me to search for a replacement track.

Lars Thorwald April 28th 07 03:06 AM

Sliding patio door track

You might also check the wheels on the bottom of your door and ensure that
they arent the problem.