Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.home.repair,alt.security.alarms,alt.usenet.kooks

Default Dammit.. How to get 2 zones and power from a 4-conductor

Nelson Muntz Thou scornful piece. All that is within
him does condemn itself for being there. Ye barfed:

Bud wrote:

"Nelson Muntz" wrote in message
So I just finished this job with 5 home-run motions to the CP. As I
was doing training I told him about the tamper switches on the
motions IS25100TC (front and back) that I wired in series with the
alarm contacts. He thought that was great - then added, "so I'll
be able to know right away when someone knocks the thing off the
wall, right?". Of course the answer is 'no'. I never planned on
putting the tampers on a separate 24 hour zone - otherwise I would
have run 6 conductor. Now he wants that "feature", and the trick
for sharing a 'common' wire for power and zone won't work as far as
I can tell. Am I correct, or is there a way to do it without
running more wire?

correct me if I'm wrong. you said the motions are tampered to the
wall and the cover. so if a motion gets knocked off the wall the
zone will be open. this will alert the owner of the problem. if so
then you have no problem. do not think the owner has the tech
expertise that you possess. he doesn't know about tamper zones or
deol. don't make your job harder by assuming he does. he just
needs to know that if a zone is faulted to go check it to see whats
wrong. right?

It's a strange situation. This is the same one I posted about with
the $500 budget.

It's a mini-storage. The manager lives on-site. We finally agreed
(grudgingly) that a noisemaker would sound if someone ( or a bird,
roach, or spider) was in the 3-story building I would provide a loud
noise. That's it. I do not consider this a security system at all..
I used the Vista-15P panel purely because it's logic ability that
could not be replicated cheaper with relays.

Our agreement was that this thing WILL false alarm, and often. It is
not monitored or course. Now he want's to catch vandals in real time
- with my PIR's as bait. That was never part of the deal. I am
already losing money on this ****.

You're a perpetual failure, Graham, and while you're sitting there lamenting
the loss of a few bucks you're being taunted by a black man who earns six
figures. Sucks to be you, hey.

I should have never done it.

Did you ever imagine that those words would come back to haunt you, racist
netK0oK? Hmmm?

The whole issue with tampers came up when I was doing the training. I
told him that they are tampered front and back - he thought that was
great and assumed a tamper situation meant he would be alerted during
the day.

So much for your communication skills, eh, grammar lamer.

I did tell you I was black, right?

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Official Member:
Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
Usenet Ruiner Lits
Top Assholes on the Net Lits
Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits

"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an
alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up."
AOK in

Jij bent een afgetrokken opengereten stuk ectoplasma.

EXTRA: Graham teh Kook admits to serious failure ( Dammit.. How to get 2 zones and power from a 4-conductor) Kadaitcha Man Home Repair 20 April 23rd 07 09:57 AM
Please help me identify conductor [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 February 14th 07 03:35 PM
shower leak dammit andyv UK diy 5 May 18th 06 10:13 PM
Dammit !, anywat, NAP 31X3 chassis [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 4th 05 08:29 PM
Dammit, can't find this link(monitor schematics) JURB6006 Electronics Repair 6 January 22nd 04 08:00 PM