Posted to alt.home.repair
C A C A is offline

Default SLOW DRAINING

Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the drain
to make it drain better? TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Get a small cable cleaner to go past the drain or plunge using a small sink plunger covering the drain vent in the sink with a rag Remember if you put acid down it and it plugs you get to play in acid. With 20 years past experience in a 500 unit apartment I still prefer removing the p trap and using a cable followed with hot water.
"C A" wrote in message ...
Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the drain
to make it drain better? TIA

Clara
Posted to alt.home.repair

C A wrote:
Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the
drain to make it drain better? TIA

Clara

It could be several things. Some might respond to putting chemicals in
there, but many will not. Mechanical cleaning is usually the most effective
and safe solution.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

C A wrote:
Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the
drain to make it drain better? TIA
Clara

Disassemble and reassemble. You need to know how to do this in case you
drop a ring or ear ring or something else in there. Some times it's as
simple as a Q Tip that has caught a lot of hair. In any case, it's
something that every homeowner should know how to do, and will save you $$$
by not having to call a plumber.

One of those little attachments you put on the end of a garden hose that
give it a blast of water works pretty good, too, if you don't find anything
in the trap. Cost, less than ten bucks.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:38:11 -0600, C A wrote:

Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the drain
to make it drain better? TIA

Shopvac.