Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bilco door installed in the 1900's??

hi to all, we are in the process of remodeling our home that built in
the ealr 1930's, we have a overhead bilco door on there now, that is
rusted and needs replaced, the problem is we cannot figure out how the
door is on the house? we found some newspaper that is dated 1926, so
we are assuming that was when they put the old bilco on. There are
concrete square on the inside of our basement by the doorway to go out
of the door from the inside, almost as if the bilco was cemented into
the structure, does anyone know how/the easiest way to remove that,
the old one is rusted and brittle and beyond repair, thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 18, 2:50 pm, wrote:
hi to all, we are in the process of remodeling our home that built in
the ealr 1930's, we have a overhead bilco door on there now, that is
rusted and needs replaced, the problem is we cannot figure out how the
door is on the house? we found some newspaper that is dated 1926, so
we are assuming that was when they put the old bilco on. There are
concrete square on the inside of our basement by the doorway to go out
of the door from the inside, almost as if the bilco was cemented into
the structure, does anyone know how/the easiest way to remove that,
the old one is rusted and brittle and beyond repair, thanks!

We really need a picture for this one.