Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting the porch

Will stains bleed through concrete paint? Is there
any sort of primer for paining a concrete front
porch?

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 11:27 pm, Suzie-Q wrote:
Will stains bleed through concrete paint? Is there
any sort of primer for paining a concrete front
porch?

Just use a really good concrete cleaner (Home Depot/Lowes) on the
porch before painting.
If there are oil stains a primer is a good idea. Actually a primer is
always a good idea
as it acts as a sealant and makes your paint job last longer and look
better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:27:51 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

Will stains bleed through concrete paint? Is there
any sort of primer for paining a concrete front
porch?

Has it been painted before? I ask because my concrete front porch had
been painted every year with an OIL-BASED paint, no longer available
in California.

Now, in order to prep the surface for the new permitted paint, I have
to prime it. It's BM, and I had the primer colored to match the
new paint. PITA, but short of transporting paint across state lines
g what to do?

If never painted before, I'd ask at a good paint store NOT a box
store. I betcha they will say yes, prime it. Primer + finish coat
will probably hide stains, esp. if you are using a dark color.
Get the very best you can afford, esp if you are in a severe weather
area where paint takes a beating.

Good luck!

Porch painting Rich Home Repair 1 March 7th 07 01:51 AM
Painting Porch Columns DIYDan Woodworking 7 April 22nd 05 06:34 AM
Spray painting a porch ceiling Daniel Prince Home Repair 4 December 29th 03 05:11 PM
Spray painting a porch ceiling Daniel Prince Home Ownership 2 December 27th 03 03:27 PM
Advice on painting/staining front porch kristen Home Ownership 1 July 8th 03 01:15 AM