DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boat wood (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/197512-boat-wood.html)

Larry and a Cat named Dub April 10th 07 01:57 AM

Boat wood

I am in need to replace the wood on the back of my Jon boat . I was thinking
of using the composite deck material. to avoid rotting Any thoughts? It
needs to be 1 1/4 thick and about 40" long and 6" wide

Lawrence April 10th 07 03:41 AM

Boat wood

On Apr 9, 7:57 pm, "Larry and a Cat named Dub" hdyman58
wrote:
I am in need to replace the wood on the back of my Jon boat . I was thinking
of using the composite deck material. to avoid rotting Any thoughts? It
needs to be 1 1/4 thick and about 40" long and 6" wide

I would be worried about the structural value of composite material.
That wood is a structural member of your boat and should be replaced
with the same or better material.

JoeSpareBedroom April 10th 07 04:08 PM

Boat wood

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" hdyman58 wrote in message
I am in need to replace the wood on the back of my Jon boat . I was
thinking of using the composite deck material. to avoid rotting Any
thoughts? It needs to be 1 1/4 thick and about 40" long and 6" wide

Post this in rec.boats, and be prepared for more ideas than you probably
wanted.

Jim Yanik April 10th 07 05:19 PM

Boat wood

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" hdyman58 wrote in
:

I am in need to replace the wood on the back of my Jon boat . I was
thinking of using the composite deck material. to avoid rotting Any
thoughts? It needs to be 1 1/4 thick and about 40" long and 6" wide

use marine grade plywood.
regular plywoods will not use the proper glue.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik