DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   do I have a brick problem or window problem? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/196980-do-i-have-brick-problem-window-problem.html)

malv April 3rd 07 08:16 PM

do I have a brick problem or window problem?

My house is 3 years old and I'm getting 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch gaps
between almost all of my door and window brick moldings and the brick.
They were all originally tight with the brick and caulked. On most,
the gaps are across the top between the molding and lintels. I have MW
windows with composite molding. The gaps across the top are uniform
which makes it look like the window dropped but a few windows also
have gaps opening along one side of the window. What could cause this?
There does not appear to be any cracks in the brick and no cracks
inside the house.